ch-scene - Re: Kings cover-up thoughts

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: stablenet AT nc.rr.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kings cover-up thoughts
  • Date: 5 Dec 2005 11:54:24 -0800

Two or three years in a row a "supergroup" called 7 Brides for the
Meatwagon played the Mammoth Records X-mas party. I'm having a hard
time remembering who it was, but I'm pretty sure Jon Wurster did all of
the years and Ed Crawford did one of them.
They played classic indie rock and also some current songs that were
unlikely choices for punk rockers - I dunno, Pavement, followed by
N'Sync or something along those lines.
They were great fun and the surprise element was a big part of it. The
next song could have been just about anything.
Doing the Cover Up annually got me thinking about those guys, just like
Todd was saying.
I'd do a project like that in ten seconds.