ch-scene - Re: Kings cover-up thoughts

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: stablenet AT nc.rr.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kings cover-up thoughts
  • Date: 5 Dec 2005 07:24:18 -0800

I agree that the 7 Brides thing should come back. That was a great time
- the surprise was beyond "what band will be on next," it was
song-to-song.
In fact, if anyone seriously wants a band like that for an event, I'll
put it together.

Todd's comments about how fun the cover bands can be are dead on.
People clearly have a good time and a lot of money gets made for
charity. It's like the indie rock version of a gala ball. The Kings
guys deserve great praise for doing this.

I've done the Cover Up four years straight now and I love the fact that
I get to play with all of these different musicians. I think bands have
actually formed *out* of it, and I can attest that friendships
certainly have.
Hell, we're already talking about who we might do next year.

-A