ch-scene - OT:contract work

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Alt.Music Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: OT:contract work
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:53:23 -0800 (PST)

I've been offered a job in RTP as a contract guy. The
pay is considerably more than the state currently pays
me, but I'd be giving up the flexible schedule I
enjoy, the paid health care for what it's worth, the
ample vacation time and sick leave, and the job
security that the state offers.

I know a lot of you kind folks have worked in the park
or currently do. I'm just trying to get a feel for
what it's like.

I'd be working at a company called Lenovo, but I would
be employed (I guess) by TEKsystems, an IT staffing
firm in Raleigh.

Any help or advice that you can share would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, The Wusses, this Friday night at Kings, 11ish.
Don't miss it!

Hep

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/