ch-scene - Re: raleigh modernism

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: raleigh modernism
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 05:44:14 -0700 (PDT)

This all reminds me of a segment on Modern Marvels
about how the dutch are dealing with European flood
issues. Apparently Holland has offered up several low
lying villages as floodwater retaining lakes. So in
order to avoid regular destruction of homes and
businesses, the dutch are designing these really
interesting looking houses that are designed to float
as waters rise.

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,377050,00.html

http://www.ecoboot.nl/artikelen/floating_houses.php

http://mail.yahoo.com