ch-scene - Re: raleigh modernism

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: mike AT mysterycircuits.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: raleigh modernism
  • Date: 12 Oct 2005 06:38:47 -0700

Where are local areas of cool 50s-70s contemporary homes? There are a
lot in this style around Chapel Hill, and over towards Chatham county
I've seen. They seem to be in random places.

There was one my wife and I looked at that was pretty bizarre. It was
in Graham on 54 right before 40. I'm guessing built in the Seventies,
but possibly just way modified during that time. It was pretty run down
when we looked at it. The entire front of the house was glass, like the
sun rooms at Burger King. There was an indoor swimming pool with a
waterfall, and a twisted fireplace. All the ceilings were silver, and
the walls purple or green. Anyone familiar with it? I guess it sold
eventually.

Has anyone seen these?
http://futuro-house.net/index.html

-Mike