ch-scene - Re: Troika Music Festival at Joe & Jo's Downtown

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Troika Music Festival at Joe & Jo's Downtown
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:31:24 -0700 (PDT)

Tuesday night at Wetlands was fun. It started
ridiculously late due to technical difficulties. I
got there areound 9:50 to see Veronique Diabolique.
They sounded really good.

Initial reports about the wetlands had me ho-humming
about the venue. But when I actually got there for
the first time Tuesday night, I was very pleasantly
surprised. I thought it sounded good, it was
spacious, well lit, with a nice separation between the
house and the pool table/booth area.

The show was nowhere near full, which was slightly
disappointing. And since my work schedule has changed
for the worse due to my evil class schedule, I
couldn't stay long enough to see the bands that I went
there for. But it was a whole lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to tonight. Not sure if I'll be
at the coffeehouse or the J&J. Is the coffeehouse
still BYOB?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs