ch-scene - Re: Gang of 4 @ 9:30

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Rawls <jcmidrange AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Gang of 4 @ 9:30
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:06:19 -0700 (PDT)

>Minor complaints all, except for the smoke thing.
>You'd think people
>old enough to like Go4 would know better.

Of the non-Fugazi shows I've seen at the 9:30
(and in DC for that matter), the crowd at this show
was among the most annoying. Young and dumb is the
best way to describe some of the people around me.
What with John King's absurd gyrating and the short
guy sexually violating me in various ways from behind,
I thought I'd stumbled into the upcoming Erasure
show...but I thank you for your post, it reminded me
that musically the show was rather great.

The 9:30 staff should refocus their dick
headedness from "no re-entry" and channel it into
people who throw bottles during the show.

>Devo shows at 9:30 were just announced for August.
>I'm not going if I
>have to breathe smoke for 2 hours.

I'm with you on the smoking thing but at the same
time, I saw Devo outdoors in Central Park last year
and it rained hard as I waited for the show to start
and then the downpoor picked up again right as their
set was over. I've had hypothermia before and I
seriously felt the syptoms coming on as I was walking
to the cab...so a little shelter would be nice this
time around.

As for Devo being "announced", I learned with this
Gang of Four show that for some reason the 9:30
announces their shows later than most clubs. So the
actual on-sale date of tickets could still be a while.

Rawls