ch-scene - Re: Gang of 4 @ 9:30

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT earthlink.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Gang of 4 @ 9:30
  • Date: 23 May 2005 23:47:02 -0700

No mention of the percussive microwave!?!?

Thanks for posting the setlist. Here it is just a few days later, and
I was trying to recall what the other song off Solid Gold was ('Why
Theory?') I actually did a google search earlier today to see if it
was listed anywhere yet. I would have liked to hear 'Armalite Rifle'
and 'Outside the Trains Don't Run On Time' but they covered my faves
from Entertainment. Oddly enough, it didn't even hit me til the next
day that they didn't play the one song most people might know, "I Love
a Man in a Uniform."

It was great to see, and literally run into, so many people from Chapel
Hill there. Off the top of my head, I saw Candace from WXYC , Cy Rawls
(who I had spotted earlier from the balcony), Dave & Shirlee (from
Gerty,) Alex Maiolo, Matt Gentling...and the couple behind us who
recognized the CH posse I was with (Randy Bullock, Dave Hartman, Craig
Zearfoss.)

I've never had so much concert karma as I did at this show. There were
a handful of other people I knew were there from my NYC days and I
ended up bumping into everyone of them too - all of which happened
after I initially left the club, only to realize that my posse hadn't
followed me out, so I went back in to find them and ran into a bunch of
other folks instead. The Capital didn't fail me...glenn