ch-scene - Re: filesharing and programming my treadmill.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Never call me Phil" <philipayers AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: filesharing and programming my treadmill.
  • Date: 28 Feb 2005 10:04:50 -0800

James what a lovely thought.. as founding closet member of Fluxus I've
always shunned the idea of making my art interesting. Boring,
banality, i.e. going on and on about something not worth an iota of
attention is for me where it's at. I like all the words in a row. I
like the sound of typing into my keyboard. I like John Cage and I like
watching paint dry. Strumming a single note on the guitar is infinitely
exciting to me.
So, I'll take what you say as a compliment, not that I'm looking for
compliments.
Trouble with so many people, artists muscians these days is they just
don't understand HOW to be boring. I mean that crap Ross plays is
boring but it's not trying to be. Ross, Just kidding.