ch-scene - Re: Work Clothes Des_Ark Bellafea Soldout!?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT earthlink.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Work Clothes Des_Ark Bellafea Soldout!?
  • Date: 28 Feb 2005 10:02:55 -0800

I agree it was a truly amazing night for local music and kudos to
Heather from Bellafea for putting together such an amazing bill AND
having all three acts agree to play for free. I got so many
complements that night which I refused to take - the bands deserve 100%
of the credit for this one.

>>>I got in, but couldn't stay because I couldn't sign my
wife in because of our state's weird liquor/membership
laws.

Hmm - that should not have been a problem. To my knowledge, everyone
who waited patiently got in. Non-members had to wait longer since it
takes time/effort to get them signed up. At what point do I start
sounding like a broken record?!?!

>>>It was mass confusion at 10PM as people with membership cards
dutifully got in line and didn't realize that they
could walk right in and the folks without memberships
had to wait in line for someone to sign them in to get
their own memberships.

I'll take the blame for that. I was upstairs frantically printing out
all of our fliers for the week (due to an earlier problem) and only
decided to go downstairs once Work Clothes hit the stage. Little did I
know that a massive line had formed all the way up the block - and it
took me as a second door person to allow the members to bypass the
non-members. Had I realized this - i would have held-off Work Clothes
until we got most people is. As it was, we hit our capacity of 250
during their set so everyone got to see at least part of their show.

>>>I guess the moral of the story is get your local 506
memberships before the shw you want to see. And
realize that your if you bought one last year it
didn't expire like it says on the card.

Yes and Yes. The former can be done online (although you would have
still had to wait in line for 'processing.') The latter was emailed
out to all members earlier this year.

Thanks for supporting 506 - glenn