ch-scene - Re: audio software question

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerZ.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: audio software question
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:57:59 -0500

I think it's more the burning software of default, since it seems to be bundled with most burners these days. I use it. It does what it needs to. You can use it as Tim describes although I find that tool to be a bit clunky. But you can tell it not to put gaps between tracks. If you end up replacing your dead burner you'll probalby get a copy.

rossi

James Hepler wrote:
Is Nero the burning software of choice?

--- Tim Harper <tharper AT nc.rr.com> wrote:

"James Hepler" <jameshepler AT yahoo.com> wrote in
message

20050221154451.55380.qmail AT web40601.mail.yahoo.com">news:20050221154451.55380.qmail AT web40601.mail.yahoo.com...

Hi!

There used to be a neat addition to Soundforge

that

would allow you to lay out an album's worth of

music

and manually choose where each eventual CD track

would

begin and end. Made it so that you could overlap
songs and such.

Does anyone know how I could get my hands on a

similar

application cheaply? I would like to digitize

some of

my vinyl, and the only other way I can do it is to
record a whole side and then chop it up into

songs.

I'd love to not have to do that.

Thanks

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=780

It's called CD architect - it is a standalone
product now owned by Sony. If
you have an earlier version the upgrade costs $100.
Otherwise it is fairly
steep - $240. This software is great for sequencing
cds with tons of
sequeways and cross fades. e.g. Varnaline 'Songs in
a Northern Key'

Might be cheaper to just record long audio files
from the LP, then split the
huge file into smaller files.

If you use Nero to burn CDs then you can create
indexes on large files and
then split at the index positions without all the
rigamaroll. You can access
this feature through the properties window from any
file in the audio list.
It might take awhile for Nero to draw the waveform.

Tim

-- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
alt.music.chapel-hill --