ch-scene - Re: audio software question

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerZ.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: audio software question
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:26:45 -0500

James Hepler wrote:
Hi!

There used to be a neat addition to Soundforge that
would allow you to lay out an album's worth of music
and manually choose where each eventual CD track would
begin and end. Made it so that you could overlap
songs and such.
The program you're thinking of is CD Architect and it is now available as a stand alone program rather than an add on to Soundforge. Sony now owns the old Sonic Foundry stuff. It costs a couple of hundred bucks I think.

I do the poor man's version, though, and just "master" my cd in a two track editor (I use Audition, but your program, Goldwave, would work fine as well) as one long wav file and then split it up into tracks using:

Uh, actually I can't remember right now. But it's freeware and works fine. I can see what it is when I get home tonight and let you know.

rossi