ch-scene - Re: audio software question

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: audio software question
  • Date: 21 Feb 2005 16:18:48 GMT

James Hepler wrote:

> Hi!
>
> There used to be a neat addition to Soundforge that
> would allow you to lay out an album's worth of music
> and manually choose where each eventual CD track would
> begin and end. Made it so that you could overlap
> songs and such.
>
> Does anyone know how I could get my hands on a similar
> application cheaply? I would like to digitize some of
> my vinyl, and the only other way I can do it is to
> record a whole side and then chop it up into songs.
> I'd love to not have to do that.
>
> Thanks

It looks like Goldwave can help you:

http://www.digital-music-guide.com/convert-lp-to-cd.html

But I use Wave Repair (http://www.waverepair.com/). This is shareware that
was written by the author of a good general discussion of the process of lp
to cd conversion that I found very useful in my humble attempts at this.

http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm