ch-scene - Re: [Politech] David Wagner on no evidence (yet) that vote ishacked

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Tim Harper" <tharper AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Politech] David Wagner on no evidence (yet) that vote ishacked
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:08:58 GMT

"Christa Wessel" <christa AT singintomymouth.com> wrote in message
88F94711-3258-11D9-BD89-000A95B742DE AT singintomymouth.com">news:88F94711-3258-11D9-BD89-000A95B742DE AT singintomymouth.com...
> another site for y'all's i...
>
> > From: Declan McCullagh <declan AT well.com>
> > Date: November 8, 2004 11:28:42 PM EST
> > To: politech AT politechbot.com
> > Subject: [Politech] David Wagner on no evidence (yet) that vote is
> > hacked

I think the real story is the discrepancies of optiscan precincts in
Florida. Sure the touch screen machines had failures but they are relatively
minor in comparison with the overall lack of security with the central
tabulation software being offered by most of the companies out there. Think
about it this way: what is easier, changing data on 5000 exit polls or
running a vbscript on 100 computers? Whether or not it really happened, we
must be alarmed about the possibility.

http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~adamsb6/elections/

http://www.command-post.org/2004/2_archives/cat_irregularities.html

The site below was down when I last checked - it was running fine a few days
ago before the story started circulating. This is the report page for the
engineer who tested the diebold GEMS software for blackboxvoting.org . It
included versions of the GEMS software and sample data files. Diebold had
filed a cease and desist earlier.

http://www.equalccw.com/dieboldtestnotes.html

BTW- I understand that Florida's discrepancies could be caused by
'Dixie-crats' and in some cases that appears to be true. But the differences
between other voting methods and the optiscan data is worth investigating
IMHO.

Granted I'm a disappointed liberal and all, I am most concerned with whether
voting is safe these days. If there are no legs to this data I will gladly
concede that we are a nation of 48% normal, nice people and 51%
war-mongering idiots. I simply hope that isn't true.

Tim