ch-scene - Re: Save Ooh La Latte (and other) Nightlife!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: philipayers AT yahoo.com (My friend Phil said,)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Save Ooh La Latte (and other) Nightlife!
  • Date: 22 Oct 2004 09:04:16 -0700

jameshepler AT yahoo.com (James Hepler) wrote in message
news:<20041020151523.94332.qmail AT web40626.mail.yahoo.com>...
> I dream of the day that recording studios engineer
> records just for the love of the music. I remember
> asking the dude at the transmission place in Toledo if
> he would mind rebuilding our transmission just for the
> love of rebuilding transmissions, but he wouldn't give
> me the van key back until I gave him $2,000. Took us
> a year of playing just for the love of music to pay
> for it.
>
> :)
>
> Hep

I break out in a cold sweat whenever I think of how stupidly romantic
it is to be attempting to do this art thing...the impossibilities of
the situation seem rediculous.
My daddy used to say, "son, you can't live off love". Good advice
from a daddy. Statistically, we have about as much chance of living
off art as we do off love.
So, you might ask yourself, "Why AM I still doing this?" The answer
is, it's just too depressing not to. But, it's probably even MORE
depressing, having your car up on cinder blocks in the driveway.
Ain't life a bitch!

http://www.peacebrook.inf/RPHH/