ch-scene - unemployed? underemployed? read this...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Brendan Love <brendan.love AT mac.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: unemployed? underemployed? read this...
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:24:34 -0400

I am enrolled in a 5-week course in carpentry and masonry at Durham Tech that was supposed to begin today, but has been pushed back until next week because less people showed up than expected. They need four more people to round out the head count. After meeting with the instructor, I give you my guarantee that this will be a killer class. He is going to cover every single aspect of the business, from tools and techniques to estimating professionally. It will be full of field trips and hands-on experience and this instructor is good at spotting talent and hires his students. He is a custom home-builder who lives in Durham in a house built in 1906, not some pre-fab cheeseball. The best part is that the state of North Carolina picks up the tab if you are unemployed or underemployed. It is three days a week for five weeks, and it is FREE. If you are interested, or if you know someone who is unemployed and wants to learn some carpentry skills, you should get in touch with me ASAP and I'll pass along the info. I told them I would find enough people to continue the class.

Thanks,
Brendan Love

(And if any of you still need a rad bassline, remember that I can also probably hook you up in that department, too.)

  • unemployed? underemployed? read this..., Brendan Love, 10/19/2004