ch-scene - Halloween Soul + Funk this week in Durham NC!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: SolidSoundSystem <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Halloween Soul + Funk this week in Durham NC!
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:30:06 -0400

In the spirit of the witching Halloween season, Marco & Cowbwoy give you not
only their regular Funky Top Tens, but their Spooky Song Picks as well! But
first, the parties, the parties...

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7 - 10:00pm-2am
FEDERAL SOUL at Federal
914 W. Main Street - Durham, NC 27701 - USA - 919.680.8611
FREE ADMISSION!
http://www.thefederal.net/

DJ Marco brings the dusty crates of strictly original vinyl soul, funk,
jazz, latin, and reggae for your listening and drinking pleasure. And were
you there last time? PEOPLE WERE GETTING CRUNK ON THE FLOOR like the moon
was full and the moonshine was flowing. Let's make it happen again! Note:
FEDERAL SOUL is now every OTHER Thursday at Federal.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9 - 10:00pm-2am and beyond...
SOLID! at Ringside
$6-$10 admission - call for details
308 W. Main St. - Durham, NC - USA - 919.680.2100
http://www.ringsidedurham.com/
DJ Marco & DJ Midnite Cowbwoy's legendary party packed with 60s-70s raw
funk, northern soul, latin boogaloo, ultimate breaks, and au-go-go beats.
The Solid GoGo girls will be in the house, and the ¡LA CANDELA! latin dance
party is on the 3rd floor!

MIDNITE COWBWOY'S TOP TEN
Guitar Ray - You're Gonna Wreck My Life
James K Nine - Live It Up
Little Richard - Baby Don't You Tear My Clothes
The Mighty Hannibal - Good Time
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - What If We All Stopped Paying Taxes
Mary Jane Hooper - I've Got Reasons
Singing Sam & The Sparks - Daybreak
Johnny Soul & The Manchesters - Always Hurt Her So
The Matadors - Wobble Wobble
Jackie Edwards - If This I Heaven

MIDNITE COWBWOY'S SPOOKY SIX
Johnny Sayles - My Love's A Monster
A Facinating Musical Experiance - The Monster
Frankie Zeke Hart - I Am The Red Devil
Buddy Lamp - Devil's Gonna Get You
The Devils - The X-Sorcist
Johnny Watson - Wolfman

DJ MARCO'S TOP TEN
Floyd Smith: Soul Strut
The Chords: Hush
Young-Holt Unlimited: Hey Pancho
Candi Staton: I¹d Rather Be An Old Man¹s Sweetheart Than A Young Man's Fool
Art Heatlie & His Soulful Men: Soul Sanction
Lulu: Lies
Dean Parrish: Skate
Rhetta Hughes: Gimmie Some of Yours
Timmie Rogers: Snake Hips
Willie Rosario: Watusi Boogaloo

DJ MARCO'S SPOOKY NINE
Clea Bradford: My Love's A Monster
Souls Unlimited: The Raving Vampire (NC 45)
Jim-Stick Revelation: Night of the Witch Doctor (NC 45)
Vampire State Building: Barnabas
Ted Cassidy: The Lurch
The Sonics: The Witch
Hot Blood: Soul Dracula
The Vamps: Disco Blood

UPCOMING...

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16 - 10:00pm-2am
MASALA BEAT CLUB
Bollywood & Bhangra party at Berkeley Café
Admission $5
After you catch Panjabi Hit Squad at Cary Diwali, have yourself some dal and
naan, then party with DJ Marco, DJ Mogambo, and their special guests!
http://www.berkeleycafe.com/

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21 - 10:00pm-2am
FEDERAL SOUL at Federal

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22 - 10:00pm-2am
DJ MARCO'S DISCOPHOBIA
Underground Disco Dance Party at Ringside
DJ Marco takes over the Ringside main floor with 1972-1982 disco, electro,
and rollerskate-jam vinyl-only rarities for a night of crazy
four-on-the-floor dance madness!

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

  • Halloween Soul + Funk this week in Durham NC!, DJ Marco, 10/05/2004