ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, Week of September 23, 2004

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, Week of September 23, 2004
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:42:38 -0400

What's the surprise there? Nobody had longer/fluffier hair than Michael Stipe back in the day, and Pete Buck was always big into The Vest look.

Jamie McLendon wrote:

Makes me miss Tangeena Barren.

Ah yes, Tangeena Barren. Nice guys indeed; I just couldn't hang with
that mushroom-logoed banner. They were neighbors of Dom Casual's first
drummer, and used to come to a lot of our shows when they first moved
here. The last I heard, Mike, the guitarist, had his name legally
changed to Freedom. And then they moved to New York or Charlotte or
somewhere. Strangely enough, I had heard that despite their
hippie-esque persona, they were actually influenced by R.E.M.