ch-scene - Re: Ch-scene Digest, Vol 11, Issue 23

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Thom Wiley <monkeyboythom AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ch-scene Digest, Vol 11, Issue 23
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:34:36 -0400

I agree that more press sure beats less or none in chronicling our
music/art scene. However we were wondering the same thing last night
outside the Local 506 about how the list of candidates were chosen.
(We attended the flicker show last night - it's uncanny how the early
'90s look just like the '80s). Since kids can now email damn near
anything from a cellphone, why not open it up to write-in ballots?
Sure, the Indy will pick whomever they want to, but it might be
interesting for them to post the results of the drawing. Especially
those bands that have a large computer geek following.

Speaking of which, any of those bands up for an award interested in a
JavaScript program that will stuff the ballot box just enough to win?
;->

> > This really shows that their nomination scheme broke
> > down, though. Seems
> > like nominating board didn't put much thought into
> > their entries. One
> > gets the sense that even if some horrible tragedy
> > wiped the members of
> > 'Chunk from the face of the earth, they'd have still
> > been nominated.

-thom

--
I like to play poker with tarot cards...I get a full house and four people
die.

  • Re: Ch-scene Digest, Vol 11, Issue 23, Thom Wiley, 09/24/2004