ch-scene - RE: Lyrics?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Kevin Grealey" <Kgrealey AT McKinney-Silver.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Lyrics?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:28:49 -0400

very funny, mr. hepler. good one.

KEVIN GREALEY
COPY EDITOR / PROOFREADER /

T / (919) 821 . 6547
F / (919) 821 . 6452
E / kgrealey AT mckinney-silver.com

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: starlite drive-in's screen burns down

--- Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- "5er (martin)" <mdhall005 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> > imagine that...local TV news getting the facts
> > wrong...how could that happen?
> actually, we don't know which, the paper or the tv,
> was wrong yet, or even if hep misheard.

or if the starlite owner told two different things to
two different media outlets.

curious thing. there was a cute little column in the
herald-sun today. it must be a pretty popular column,
because it frequently appears on page a2. the column
is called "corrections."

in today's corrections:

"a monday article about a fire that seriously damaged
the starlite drive-in should have said the drive-in's
owner was not insured for the damage to the movie
screen or a nearby storage building."

a subsequent article on page c1:

"the movie screen wasn't insured, because the
insurance company said it was too old to cover, groves
said."

man, that groves is everywhere, playing drums, putting
up flyers, and getting insurance quotes.

anyway, mr. very right in the head especially compared
to people who first believe what they read in the
*paper* of all places hepler expressed the very
gracious idea, before he was interrupted, of doing
something to help. jimbo hepler, always thinking of
others, i tell ya. if people only knew everything this
guy does for other people.

anyway again, help may be in order because today's
paper also corrected the original cost estimate from 9
grand to 40 grand to replace the screen, which may not
be possible due to the grandfathered zoning the
drive-in enjoyed. the total loss was placed at 70
grand.

if you are considering a late summer yard sale to get
rid of your excess stuff, may i suggest getting a
table at the starlite saturday flea market instead. it
may be more personally rewarding, as well as lend a
hand to family who had their livelihood disrupted.

you won't have to take out an ad in the paper or hang
up ugly ass signs all over your neighborhood.

http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-514721.html
http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-514693.html

the gun shop is still open, so run out and stock up on
porno and onion rings right away.

3