ch-scene - Re: Owl Monkeys?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: philipayers AT yahoo.com (My friend Phil said,)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Owl Monkeys?
  • Date: 10 May 2004 08:30:22 -0700

Mike-
What you describe, perfectly, is congregating great horned owls.
I've witness this event for more than 10 straight years. These Owls
will come back to that exact spot every year probably. I once even got
out of bed and went outside at 3am to see if I could see them. And yes
I could...maybe five. I could see them in the tops of the trees. It
was actually kinda scarey because they are pretty large and the horns
give them a very distinct presents.
One question I have however? I'm in NJ and you being in NC...it seems
rather later for this to happen.
We get them in very early spring or even late winter.
?Oh Well.. maybe it is monkeys after all?

news:<aa3f32b2.0405071226.5d4ca641 AT posting.google.com>...