ch-scene - Re: Raleigh/the Triangle #4 in underappreciated rock scenes

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: toc_mahoy AT yahoo.com (Perv, the Nerve Prattmeyer ©)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Raleigh/the Triangle #4 in underappreciated rock scenes
  • Date: 12 Mar 2004 16:24:21 -0800

ratracelabs AT hotmail.com (rat race) wrote in message news:

> Seriously, a lot of the up and coming out-of-town bands playing in NYC

I didn't see the list. But does it not count NYC and LA as centers for
pop R&D underground or not? I mean how could C-H or Po Dunk compete
with NYC? Need I list the great acts that have come out of the
Greenwich village or what even neighborhood who cut their teeth in the
clubs of NYC??. I mean it's silly to suggest that these little places
produce much compared to LA and NYC. And jesus. Isn't James Taylor a
prep school product? Not totally sure, but I think he came of age
pretty much in Massachusetts but spent some summers in NC after his
daddy became the Med.Skool Pres.@UNC. On the other hand you could say
Bob Dylan was the very essence of America but sooo so much the New
Yorker! I can just see that sucker down on Bleeker street now. Same
can be said of LA and Jim Morrison. d;-)