ch-scene - Re: Raleigh/the Triangle #4 in underappreciated rock scenes

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <duncan AT rattlejar.com>
  • To: RTP-area and culture local music <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Raleigh/the Triangle #4 in underappreciated rock scenes
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:56:28 -0500

From the N&O article:

"That's absurd," says Steve Popson, co-owner of Raleigh nightspot Kings Barcade. "Ryan, by now I would not be surprised if he wouldn't even admit he ever lived in Raleigh."

Good times.

What's even more absurd is excluding New York/Chicago/LA because you're afraid, as the editor said, that people will see those names, say to themselves "Of course," and turn past the article. Doesn't say much for their methodology. The thing that makes me page past things like this are so-called "rankings".

And then, the most absurd thing of all is including the Grateful Dead on a list of anything. San Francisco "rockers" must really love that one.