ch-scene - Re: brewery

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ratracelabs AT hotmail.com (rat race)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: brewery
  • Date: 3 Mar 2004 07:33:18 -0800

> The Brewery was indeed a great sounding room and
> Jac kept it sounding great when he took over the
> board. Some of the best Superchunk shows I saw were
> there, Melt Banana (opening for Mr. Bungle in '95),
> C.O.C, I saw Johnny Quest there an unfathomable amount
> of times. Ratt played an acoustic show there in '88
> (weird...), I was not at that one.

My #1 Brewery memory is the first time I went there - to see the
Melvins, sometime in fall of 1994. I conned Bo into driving me all the
way to Raleigh. Then, before the show, he tells me that he's tired,
and that he's "just going to go sleep in the car." Which he did. The
show was incredible, although the soundman sent a security goon to
confiscate my tiny little 110 camera. I got it back at the end of the
show.

Years later I found out that "I'm just going to go sleep in the car"
is Bo-speak for "I'm going tranny chasing," but I was young and naive
at the time.

RA