ch-scene - Re: brewery

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Katherine Carpenter" <wwkd AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: brewery
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:38:47 -0500

i just stopped going because they almost never booked a show worth seeing. if i'm not mistaken they even stopped running ads in the independent. lately, kenny was having other people book shows if they felt so inclined, and i know there was a hardcore show recently with some out-of-town bands. but i think most people who considered doing that realized the uphill battle, as far as promoting shows, that they would have faced, since no one i know even bothered to look up at the marquee as they walked past the place. sucks to see it go, but it may have sucked worse for me to watch it go downhill so far...