ch-scene - Re: cooking steak

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: paok <bluefreaky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: cooking steak
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:04:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

ross' epitaph: "a curmudgeon, but he could cook a good steak"

paoky

> From: grady AT ibiblio.org (grady)

> The secret is high heat--in order to get that nice
> dark sear/char thing
> with the carcinogens that taste so damn good on the

Erstwhile UNC football coach Dick Crum once said
in the mid '80's to a critic on a live call in show,
"Every man knows how to do two things: grill a steak
and coach a football team." That ole' ball coach
didn't have nearly enough wins (not to mention success
with recruiting good players) to get away with that
sort of attitude...but Grady has been a good source of
advice for me on many issues, his curmudgeon attitude
be damned, he knows how to grill a steak. As for
football, even though he grew up in Clemson, he draws
a blank. As for me grilling steaks, for years I've
had nothing but ease with a George Foreman grill.
Just turn on the grill, put the beef on there and hope
that it's not from the state of Washington....

Rawls