ch-scene - Re: cooking steak

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: mike AT mysterycircuits.com (Mike Walters)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: cooking steak
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:02:57 -0000

Wanna know what's better than the best for charcoal? I don't know what
it's called, but it's a metal cylinder with a wooden handle. You stuff
the bottom with newspaper, and stack a pile of charcoal on the top.
Light the newspaper, and slowly the coals turn red and the redness
moves up. Once they're all red, you pour the coals on the grill (the
safer models drop the coals). This creates perfect coals without
lighter fluid. My good friend Chip gave me one, and it's all I use.
Charcoal is the best.
-Mike Walters
www.mysterycircuits.com