ch-scene - Re: Long Box Activism of the 80's

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "dmccall" <dmccall AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Long Box Activism of the 80's
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 22:58:34 GMT

If it was THEIR product that was being sold in long boxes, why did they have
to come whining to ME about it? 1000 years from now the landfills won't have
a single piece of cardboard from the 80's. They WILL, on the other hand,
have this plastic. Funny how I don't hear REM whining about their current
product and how long it will last in the landfill (because that's where it
belongs!)
--
Dana McCall
Raleigh, NC

"Bill K" <billk AT nospam.com> wrote in message 3FD03198.2CC AT nospam.com">news:3FD03198.2CC AT nospam.com...
> > Remember all the hooey that rock stars made about the wasteful practice
of
> > selling CD's in cardboard "long boxes?"
>
> Is this a troll, or am I missing something? It was THEIR albums being
> sold in them, so they felt they had a responsibility to say something.
> The labels didn't give most of them a say in the matter: every R.E.M.
> album through Automatic for the People (1992) came in one.
>

> > Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the millions of CDR "coasters" and
AOL