cc-uk - [Cc-uk] CC Scotland license question

  • From: "David Russell" <webmaster AT davidarussell.co.uk>
  • To: <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] CC Scotland license question
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:54:34 +0100

Title: Message
I am more than slightly alarmed at clause 2.3 in the Draft License:

'You must offer to the recipient a licence to the Derivative Work which must be either one with the same terms and conditions as this Licence, or a later version of this Licence with the same Licence Elements as this Licence, or another Creative Commons licence with the same Licence Elements as this Licence, or the BBC Creative Archive general public licence '

Why should people have the right to re-license my work (particularly under a non-CreativeCommons BBC license) under their own terms? If I choose a particular Creative Commons license, that is what I want my work to be available under, and nothing else

David Russell
Concerned blogger