cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Cc engaging with industry & government

  • From: "Anthony Lilley" <anthony AT magiclantern.co.uk>
  • To: <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Cc engaging with industry & government
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:31:54 -0000

Hello

I read the last couple of posts about Creative London events with
interest. Apart from heading a new media production house, I chair part
of the government/industry Creative Industries IPR Forum on which a
number of leading cc people also sit. One of the tracks of work we're
thinking of doing is an event to bring together - in a rational and
sensible way - some thinking people from various parts of the industry
and policymakers to actually learn what cc is and why the underlying
issues are important.

In my opinion, there are a number of issues here about the tone of the
debate, the infrequency with which people from various perspectives talk
constructively about the issues and the general understanding of the
difference between cc and "no IPR regime" which could usefully be
tackled. The forum has 6 government ministers (including DCMS Ministers
recently briefed by Damian Tambini) and CEOs from all parts of the
content industry - and could be an ideal gathering place.

Do people believe this kind of thing would help and could it achieve
anything? If so, how best do people think it could be done?

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony Lilley
Managing Director
Magic Lantern Productions Ltd 125 Bolingbroke Grove

LONDON
UK SW11 1DA

www.magiclantern.co.uk <http://www.magiclantern.co.uk/>

t +44 (0) 207 7389911 f +44 (0) 207 2239124