cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] What's the point?

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] What's the point?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:15:33 +0000

On Friday, December 03, 2004, at 10:39AM, Jonathan Mitchell
<website3 AT jonathanmitchell.info> wrote:

>Is there any point in commenting on these drafts?

Yes. So far the team have been very positive about and responsive to
comments, far more so IMHO than the US team.

>The point has been made often enough before. This draft is unusable in
>Scotland and Northern Ireland.

IANAL, so forgive me if any of this is silly:

Are there any interesting differences in copyright law between the legal
systems? Surely they implement the same treaties and acts of parliament.

Would a clause stating "This license is covered by the laws of England and
Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland as determined by the authors residency at
time of licensing" do?

If the US states can have one license, I don't see why the UK states can't.

- Rob.