cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Some really basic questions

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Some really basic questions
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:20:53 +0000

On Friday, December 03, 2004, at 07:50AM, Tim Diggins <tim AT red56.co.uk> wrote:

>a) do you think it is worth waiting for the uk versions of these?

Yes, they should be out soon.

>b) should we include a copyright symbool & notice as well (The creative
>commons site doesn't mention strangely this at all...)

You don't legally need the copyright symbol but it doesn't hurt. You do need
a copyright notice as the CC licenses are copyright licenses and you need to
identify yourself for BY. There's a page on "marking your content" buried
somewhere on the main CC site, I've mentioned to CC that they should unbury
it. :-)

>c) do we need to assert authorship?

It depends. The BY clause simulates "paternity" (authorship attribution), and
some argue that moral rights are against the spirit of the SA term. So it's
up to you: probably not for SA, probably for ND.

HtH.

- Rob.