cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Best Practice for linking CC Stuff

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Best Practice for linking CC Stuff
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 20:09:23 +0000

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure I've followed all that, but here's a go at an answer:

There's surely more scope for 'how-to' guides. CC Australia have written a
version of these guides, the last of which is how to attribute:
http://creativecommons.org.au/learn-more/fact-sheets/creative-commons-licence-basics
I've more or less followed that guide since I started at CC. Suggested
improvements?

You're right that the links in the images aren't to any external site, but
that's not how I chose to give attribution. The attribution is actually
contained in the *caption*, as is the link to the CC licence. It wouldn't be
hard to add a link to the image, if you think an extra link is worthwhile.

For the image, the UC CESIMIC Licence is neither here nor there: as a
federated archive, they don't actually hold copyright to most of the content
you can find on the site. The copyright to the image used there is by Ross
Becker.

The UC CEISMIC logo is used with permission.

The licence to QuakeStories is an NZ licence: click on the link at the
bottom: http://www.quakestories.govt.nz/

Our own Creative Commons licence, for the text, is at the bottom of the site.

That's my best effort at an explanation. Let me know what I've missed.

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matt McGregor Creative Commons