cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Best Practice for linking CC Stuff

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Sutherland, Paul" <Paul.Sutherland AT ccc.govt.nz>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Best Practice for linking CC Stuff
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 23:34:01 +1300

Hi all

I am interested in best practice for linking to and attributing CC stuff
(how to)

So I look to the CC-NZ website for best practice

An article there does not help me

http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/2013/01/uc-ceismic/

I am not a machine - but I cannot see any assertion of a CC-NZ license
in the code

The link to the graphic loads as a CC-NZ wordpress URL
http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ROSS2478-1D
3_pt.jpg\

Rather than linking to the source (the attribution part surely...)

Should it link to the source - cause I cannot see the attribution in
that URL
http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ROSS2478-1D
3_pt.jpg\

But then I am not a machine.

Indeed further looking at the CEISMIC site makes me ponder

The licenses used seem to be CC Unported not NZ - interesting

The objects like PDFs seem to have poor internal metadata - but no
mention of CC license.

Is this something the CC-NZ community should be trying to resolve - and
construct a few how too's - embedding licenses in HTML, PDFs etc.

Strange that a poster child seems to fail in a few areas.

Thoughts?

/paul

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz