cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Time to retire ND and NC

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Sutherland, Paul" <Paul.Sutherland AT ccc.govt.nz>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Time to retire ND and NC
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 08:19:37 +1200

A very measured response.

Choice is very important. ND and NC are a part of choice.

If someone wishes to profit from your labours is it not fair that you
may wish to receive some recompense.

That is pretty basic economics.

A society based on gifts is a long time away.

If you want to spend noble energy on something why not try to get
Wikimedia Commons to accept a variety of licenses rather than them
rudely demanding that people drop the NC so that Wikipedia can make
things available commercially.

/paul