cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Peter Jenner says "DRM is dead"

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Robin Sheat" <robin AT kallisti.net.nz>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa (NZ)" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Peter Jenner says "DRM is dead"
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:20:03 +1300 (NZDT)

On Mon, November 13, 2006 15:29, Danyl Strype wrote:
> This way a direct connection is established between artist and
> audience and if people like what they hear/ see/read they can come
> back to the homepage and order CDs/DVDs/books etc. Sci-fi author Cory
> Doctorow is an example of a published artist working on this principle:
> http://craphound.com/
I think that as this kind of thing becomes more common, people will be
more willing to donate/buy/whatever. I get a small amount of money coming
in for a Free software program I write (certainly nothing to live off, but
probably almost enough to pay hosting). In the context of music, I've also
found this recently: http://www.jamendo.com/en/ which, along with the
methods used by places like Magnatune, I'd like to see more of.

Robin.