cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] CreativeCommons.org.nz portal

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Robin Sheat <robin AT kallisti.net.nz>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa (NZ)" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] CreativeCommons.org.nz portal
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:57:18 +1200

On Monday 28 August 2006 14:47, Sam Stephens wrote:
> But I don't think this is the way forward. I think it's fitting with the
> whole CC philosophy to build on top of the hard work of others. Meaning
> either a CMS, or a blog/wiki setup.
Personally, I'm a big fan of wikis. (see my own site,
http://www.kallisti.net.nz). Having a wiki side for content (this could also
be used by people to post their own CC-licensed fiction or whatever if they
liked), and a blog side for news (wordpress automatically syndicates with
various blog trackers, so that would make it easier to be found) would be
ideal in my mind.

The only problem with wikis is that you need to have someone keeping an eye
on
updates to make sure it's not getting spammed, and that the content is
appropriate. It's not too arduous once set up though (the wiki software I use
automatically emails updates, has spamblocking software, etc)

--
Robin <robin AT kallisti.net.nz> JabberID: <eythian AT jabber.kallisti.net.nz>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8 7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D