cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] CreativeCommons.org.nz portal

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: adam <adam AT xs4all.nl>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa (NZ)" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] CreativeCommons.org.nz portal
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:36:22 +0200

i have come in after some absence as i have been travelling quite a
bit...what is the plan for checking if the current cc licences are
appropriate for nz and
looking to see what changes (If any), need to be made?

as for the site...im not sure how the democracy player etc fits into the
scheme...the idea is to provide information about CC right? its not a content
platform?

:)

adam

..on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:21:30PM +1200, Danyl Strype wrote:
> Kia ora koutou
>
> Since we are looking at a possible launch in Nov I figure we need to
> make some decisions about the portal site. Also I am planning to go
> down to the Dunedin Fringe in late Sept/ early Oct so if we could have
> version 0.1 of the site up and some .pfs of flyers in time for that it
> would be a great chance to promote the CCNZ project amongst a
> significant cluster of the artistic community.
>
> Some things that need sorting:
> * domain name - creativecommons.org.nz has been registered by Adam
> (for how long?), presumably in his own name. It would be good to get
> some funds together to pay domain registration for the next 2 years.
>
> * hosting - there are a number of community/ activist servers such as
> http://www.enzyme.org.nz or http://www.converge.org.nz/ which accept
> koha/ donation. Otherwise I guess we will need to look at funding for
> commercial hosting. Any suggestions?
>
> * software - there are a number of options here. The simplest is just
> to put together a set of static html pages (maybe with CSS for
> styles). However if we want to have a range of people with limited
> tech skills updating and adding to the site we will probably want to
> use some kind of Content Management System (CMS) like Drupal,
> PHP-Nuke, CMSimple etc Choice of software depends a lot on...
>
> * features - what do we want on the site? what do we want it to do? do
> we want blogs? a wiki? integration with VideoBomb/ DemocracyPlayer
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_%28video_platform%29)?
>
> The other thing that software choice depends on is
> * developers - who is willing to be part of the CCNZ tech team? What
> software/ standards are you familiar with? What recommendations would
> you make?
>
> Thoughts folx?
>
> RnB
> Strypes
>
> --
> "Without love a beating heart is just a clock ticking."
> - quoted in the movie 'Equilibrium'
>
> mobile: 021 11 77 578
> Community Webspace: http://www.enzyme.org.nz/
> Artist Rights: http://www.creativecommons.org/

> Thunderbird instead of Outlook Express. Windows on a PC
> block viruses like windows on a house block sunlight ;)

Adam Hyde
~/.usnl

selected projects
http://www.xs4all.nl/~adam