cc-metadata - Re: We need <link rel="copyright">

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Andy Powell <a.powell AT ukoln.ac.uk>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: We need <link rel="copyright">
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 00:11:15 +0100 (GMT Standard Time)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Mike Linksvayer wrote:

I think a couple of different constructs have been brought up in this
thread. One is putting <link rel="..."> in the <head>. You could do
that, but there's already <meta name="DC.Rights" ...> if you want to put
something in <head>.

Minor comment. Note that according to

Expressing Qualified Dublin Core in HTML/XHTML meta and link elements
http://dublincore.org/documents/dcq-html/

the prefered way of embedding this kind of information in XHTML using the Dublin Core would be of the form

content="(c) University of Bath, 2005" />
<link rel="DCTERMS.license"
href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/"; />

As an aside, there is a brief paper at

http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcmi/dc-odrl/

which provides an overview of the rights-related properties in Dublin Core.

Andy
--
Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell +44 1225 383933