cc-metadata - Re: m4a (aac)

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Mike Linksvayer" <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Aleksandersen, Jo Daniel" <pusulv AT gmail.com>, cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: m4a (aac)
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:29:09 -0700 (PDT)

You don't have to embed metadata in the file to use a CC license. Posting
the notice on your web page(s) is good enough. Embedding has slight added
benefits for people discovering files via p2p filesharing.

If you or anyone have a recommendation for what field in MPEG-4 metadata
we should be using and GPL-compatible library we can use to accomplish
embedding said field in a .m4a file, please do advise.

Thanks!
Mike

On Sat, May 21, 2005 2:33 pm, Aleksandersen, Jo Daniel said:
> Hi,
> I do really miss the MPEG-4 spesification of Advance Audio Coding, or
> AAC, and the fileformat .m4a.
>
> Usage of AAC:
> *m4a is now slowly replacing mp3's all over the net.
> *If you buy a song from iTunes Music Store (the largest online music
> store in the world, more at www.itunes.com) you'll get the song in
> m4a.
> *The HD (high definition) videoformat use AAC
>
> More about AAC at < http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/ > and <
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4A >.
>
> Hope I'll be able to add CC metadata to my m4a's soon. I publish m4a's
> on my website and will not change to mp3 to add the cc licens.
> --
> bonAveo.net
> Jo Daniel Aleksandersen

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21

  • Re: m4a (aac), Mike Linksvayer, 05/25/2005