cc-metadata - Re: gimp-creative commons license plugin

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: gimp-creative commons license plugin
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:11:57 -0500

FWIW we do have a web services interface for choosing a license if you did want to build the license choosing process in rather than sending the user to the website. ccPublisher, also written in Python, uses this interface.

Carol,

I think the web service would allow you to be a little more flexible. I'm working on a sample version that will work offline for another project, so you could handle that situation a little more flexibly. I'll be announcing the details once it's ready to go. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to looking at the code.

Nathan R. Yergler
Software Engineer
Creative Commons