cc-metadata - Re: cc-metadata Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: cc-metadata Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:35:13 -0800

Jon A. Cruz wrote:
Also, I think the XMP specs go into EXIF data somewhat (that's where I had first read of it). I think they also can get IPTC metadata in them.

The XMP spec has provisions for an exif namespace and properties that mirror everything available in the EXIF specs, is my understanding, so that an EXIF user can migrate to XMP painlessly. IPTC isn't mentioned in the XMP spec IIRC, but it is RDF...

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21