cc-metadata - answered my own questions, sorry for the bother

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: aaron <amw5t AT virginia.edu>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: answered my own questions, sorry for the bother
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:10:43 -0500

Crikey, sorry for the traffic.

OK, so I think EXIF can be applied to jpeg, tiff, and some other formats and that answers one of my questions.

Also, it seems from the docs that you guys are embedding plain english and a URL or two in the metadata and that the lack of a computer readable description of the license in the file itself is a conscious design decision. Is that correct? If I don't have network access then I am hosed and I can't see the licensing terms? Since you could have the verification functionality along with a computer readable description of the license, is this omitted for space reasons?

-aaron

  • answered my own questions, sorry for the bother, aaron, 01/12/2005