cc-metadata - Re: cc-metadata Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Jon A. Cruz" <jon AT joncruz.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: cc-metadata Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:20:23 -0800

aaron wrote:

oh wait, to clarify I should say that I understand everyone expects mp3s to have id3 tag information but I'm not aware of a method to add stuff like that to a jpg without making it a corrupt jpeg. Is there a way to make a tagged jpeg that's still valid?

I believe that JPEG files often get metadata embedded via EXIF

Also, I think the XMP specs go into EXIF data somewhat (that's where I had first read of it). I think they also can get IPTC metadata in them.