cc-metadata - Tagging image files

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Tim Andonian <benecosi AT mac.com>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Tagging image files
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:20:07 -0800

I am starting the huge task of tagging 1000s of photo files and I am wondering what the general consensus is for a good software solution. right now I am planning on using graphic converter.
http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/graphcon.htm
I want to eventually build a server that is a mix of CC and C content, but right now I just want to get keywords in the tags for my core group to search once OS X.4 comes out. But what I don't want to do is have used the wrong method at this step or placed the tag in the wrong way, having to redo work later on when I want to build a front end to the image archive.
Tim