cc-metadata - Re: Testers Needed: Mozilla Firebird CC license extension

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Testers Needed: Mozilla Firebird CC license extension
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:15:08 -0800

Mike Linksvayer wrote:
My immediate suggestions are cosmetic:

And a few more, at least bordering on the cosmetic:

- the (cc) icon doesn't appear on the status bar automatically upon installation, I had to drag it there from the toolbar customization tool (I did restart).

- it would be good if the (cc) toolbar icon were greyed out if there is no license metadata available

- switching between tabs leaves the status bar license characteristics unchanged

Fantastic work. This extension (and ccValidator) will really help when trying to explain metadata to people. Why would anyone's eyes glaze over while listening to a thirty second explanation of CC and metadata <http://www.yergler.net/averages/archives/2003/11/06/the_30_second_commons>? :-)