cc-metadata - Re: Testers Needed: Mozilla Firebird CC license extension

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Testers Needed: Mozilla Firebird CC license extension
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:40:37 -0800

Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
The full details are at http://www.yergler.net/projects/mozcc, with the latest news posted to http://www.yergler.net/averages/archives/mozcc. Things are mostly functional at this point although I'm sure there's still bugs and I know that some cosmetic things need corrected. As always, bug reports, feedback, criticism and suggestions are welcome.

Works great for me, though it doesn't pick up public domain metadata. See <http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/> for example. We have a (PD) icon at <http://creativecommons.org/images/license/pd.gif>.

My immediate suggestions are cosmetic:

- it would be nice if all nodes in the detail popup were expanded by default
- and uris in this view were clickable
- and the detail popup window were resizable
- "(cc) creative commons" in the popup ought to link to the CC home page

- the license characteristic icons look pretty jagged. I suspect we need to create some customized to the exact dimensions required to fit in the browser status bar.