cc-metadata - CCLicenseLib Ported to C#

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: admin AT delegatetechnologies.com
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: CCLicenseLib Ported to C#
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:10:22 -0800 (PST)

Hello All -

This is an update regarding the Creative Commons License Library
(CCLicenseLib) project I've been working on the past few weeks. The first
update is that I've decided to port the existing codebase to C#. There is
a new source release(written in C#) and a compiled DLL release at the
project's homepage. Here is information regarding release:

Project Homepage: http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/cclib
Version 1.1 Source Files: CCLicenseLib_v_1_1_src.zip
Compiled DLL Version 1.1 Files: CCLicenseLib_dll_v_1_1.zip

Also, I'm glad to tell you that I've been working with another project
community member, "savrx", to build some code in C# that will parse RDF
License information from a text stream using the .NET Framework's Regular
Expressions engine (savrx has done a bulk of the prototyping work, while
I'm focusing on integrating it into the library). This is an extremely
important piece of functionality for the library as it will let us parse
license information from virtually any type of text stream (i.e. HTML
pages, text files, etc). We have a working prototype parsing license
information from webpages, the next goal is to take the parsed RDF and
throw it into a DOM model and create/populate appropriate license objects
from it.

This project will hopefully be leading up to a flexible, robust licensing
engine that can be used in all sorts of applications that work with
Creative Commons licenses (i.e. document creation/sharing, search engines,
etc.).

That's about it for now! I will let everyone know when we get the RDF
parser integrated into the library. Until then, if you have any questions
about the project, feel free to stop by the project homepage listed above
and post comments on the message board or email me at
cclicenselib AT delegatetechnologies.com.

Highest Regards,

Steve Griffin
admin AT delegatetechnologies.com
http://www.delegatetechnologies.com

  • CCLicenseLib Ported to C#, admin, 11/06/2003