cc-metadata - Re: Update License Validator now available

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mark Gardner <mjg AT phoenixtrap.com>
  • To: "cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Update License Validator now available
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:21:15 -0400

Quoting "Aaron Swartz" <me AT aaronsw.com>:
> Another bug is that it cuts the link short on URLs that contain a
> ' character. Example:
>
> http://www.yergler.net/projects/ccvalidator/validate.py?url=http:/
/creativecommons.org/extras/copyremix

Wow, guess it's time to decloak on this list. This is the first
time I found out we were on this compilation. Thanks.

I tried running the validator against our license RDF file (at
http://www.phoenixtrap.com/license.xml) for our music. It seems to
get confused on the contributor section, listing all of our URLs but
only linking the first one, including a comma at the end.

As an aside, can anyone help me with embedding the license
information in our MP3's? I've tried to set up the cctag tool, but
building the various dependencies on Mac OS X 10.2 is proving to be
non-trivial. Any way to make this easier?

--
Mark Gardner $ mjg AT phoenixtrap.com
Bass player, The Phoenix Trap: http://www.phoenixtrap.com/