cc-metadata - Re: Update License Validator now available

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: Aaron Swartz <me AT aaronsw.com>
  • Cc: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Update License Validator now available
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:23:24 -0500

Thanks for the report; I've fixed it. I'm still not completely happy with the URL detection, so I may have to revisit this at some point.

Nathan

Aaron Swartz wrote:

Another bug is that it cuts the link short on URLs that contain a ' character. Example:

http://www.yergler.net/projects/ccvalidator/validate.py?url=http:// creativecommons.org/extras/copyremix

I'd send a patch but the code isn't up.

BTW, the magnet links are very nifty. Clicked on the link, and my local P2P application popped up and tried to download the song. The best example of P2P/CC integration I've ever seen. It'd be great if someone with a fast upstream (Stanford? iBiblio?) could run a Gnutella client that made sure our favorite CC-licensed songs were available.